27th SGIFF: SG Originals | Actors Unscripted with Jack Neo
ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO, CO-ORGANISED WITH PURE TALENTS
27 NOV 2016, SUN / 11.00AM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
Jack Neo needs no introduction when it comes to Singapore’s filmmaking history. A prolific and award-winning actor, writer and director who has enjoyed many commercial successes in local and overseas box-office, Neo is an industry veteran when it comes to television and cinema. Working with both experienced and young talents, his knack for finding the right cast to deliver his homegrown stories has been lauded and acclaimed by many. In this conversation session, we find out about his casting process, how he imparts his knowledge as an actor to the actors he works with, and how he brings out the best in his films through his writing and directing.
Jack Neo won the local audience over with his signature comedic hosting style in variety programmes during the 1990s, including the longest running local and highly rated variety show, Comedy Night. Following his success on television, Neo ventured into the film industry with Money No Enough (1998), Singapore’s second highest grossing feature film to date. He has since written, produced and directed nine other films to commercial success. Neo’s contributions to the local film industry have earned him honourable mentions including the Lifetime Achievement and Multi-Talent Awards in 1999 and 2004 respectively, the Public Service Medal Award in 2004 and the Arts Cultural Medallion Award in 2005.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 26 Nov 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
- The event description was updated. Diff#206381 2016-11-10 04:32:14
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
Free seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore